Tuesday, September 29, 2009

If you're a shower hostess or bridesmaid avert your eyes!

I went to Ritual Adornment in Santa Monica this past weekend, and fell in love all over again with beads. It's such a pricey habit, I was trying to avoid finding a place in LA, but I needed to make some gifts for my hostesses and 'maid's.


Here's my haul, I already had some of the freshwater pearls and a few larger stones, but the bulk of this was purchased at Ritual Adornments on Sunday, all of their strands were half off, the chain and findings were also discounted. Hooray!


Here are a couple of the necklaces I've made so far and I really enjoy them, but I'm not sure the giftees will love them. Most of the ladies hosting my shower are my or Mr. MB's aunt's or at least in that age group.


Now, I know southern ladies like jewelery and big and bold usually isn't bad, but I'm wondering if these are a bit too funky for these ladies. There are mixed metals (copper, silver and gold), off center focal points, multiple strands and funky stones mixed with multi-colored freshwater pearls. I guess I'm wondering if these are a little too trendy for my giftees?

What do you ladies think, and any suggestions for taking some of the edge off? I really think that my eye just isn't geared towards symmetry, every time I try to make something regular it seems off to me. I certainly wear things with a centered focal point, etc. but I just never seem to be able to make them that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment