Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pew Decorations

I don't have a decent picture of them, but our pews have a 6" wide side piece that extends above the backrest of the pew, which leaves them perfect for tying a ribbon around. So, I decided to incorporate some of those fabric flowers into this ribbon project.

Cut the ribbon to length, about 3', and tack it down at the neck of the 'knot'.


Tack on some of the flowers, hand stitch on some beads and throw on some bits of lace or other embellishment. Properly snip the ends and hang it up. Pardon the over-starched mini ironing board, it's about the same size as the 'pew projection'.


I think I might want to use some wider ribbon on this and play with the dimensions a bit, but I like the general idea. I think about 20 should make a nice addition to the church.

1 comment:

  1. love it! the colors go together so well, and fabric flowers are always a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete