Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Under the Harvest Moon: First Dances

I would like it to start this post out by letting it be known that Mr. Moonbeam did enjoy himself, see proof below, he may 'hate' dancing, but that smile on his face makes me think otherwise.


After the Grand March, we began our first dance as husband and wife surrounded by all of our guests.

Photo taken by Aunt Annie

We chose to dance to 'This Will Be Our Year' by The Zombies.  It's two and a half minutes long (a short song was a big want from Mr. Moonbeam) and I'm in love with the lyrics.  'The warmth of your love is like the warmth of the sun' would have to be my absolute favorite line.

I don't know if it's warmth or confusion with dance steps in his face, but I'll take it.

Mr. Moonbeam also loves all things Zombies (the walking dead kind, not just the band), so it was kind of perfect.


We never got around to dance lessons (maybe Mr. Moonbeam refused to do them), but I did convince him to follow along to some online foxtrot tutorials in our living room  We learned enough to move around the dance floor and execute some twirls rather than just sway for 2.5 minutes.  It ended up being just fine, and check out my dress in action!



Then Daddy Moonbeam and I danced to 'It's a Wonderful World' by Louis Armstrong.  Daddy Moonbeam narrowed it down to a couple of classics and I picked this one.  It's just lovely.



Mr. Moonbeam and his mother danced to 'You Can Never Hold Back Spring' by Tom Waits.  Mr. Moonbeam chose this one all by himself.  I don't really think it had much sentimental meaning, it's just a danceable song by his favorite singer of all time.

Photo taken by Uncle Chris

Then we had a dance with all of the bridal party paired off and guests joined in towards the end.


All photos taken by John and Whitney Canales and edited by me unless otherwise noted.


Miss Anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment