Monday, December 21, 2009

Ornament Inspiration

This ornament is as cute as they come. I found it on the Dancing Gnome etsy shop and I couldn't help but imagine the whimsical woodland wedding that could come out of it. I think the ornaments would make great cake toppers and then a few gnomes could be sprinkled throughout for some fun decorations. Gnome illustrations could be used as table numbers, and those little red hats are the perfect pop of color.
cakebar, invites, illustration, old gnome, bride and groom, lovenest and the random forest/tree pics were taken by me while we were snowshoeing in Sequoia National Park this weekend. So pretty.

And since it's the holiday season and I love wrapping gifts, I thought I'd share a tip on what to do with excess doilies with the hive. Solid paper from Target, various sizes of doilies and raffia from Michael's and cardstock from Paper Source equals too cute gift wrap. You can also see a handy brown paper bag in there.


All of these were wrapped with one roll of paper, 2 packs of doilies and one roll of raffia.

For cylinders (like wine bottles and candles) just make a ribbon of paper and wrap around the perfectly cylindrical part. Cut a long strip of paper and fold over the sides to get neat edges and wrap around. Slap on a doily and some raffia and you're good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment