Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Faux-to-booth

Sorry about the absence, I'm still waiting on pro photos and happily I got a new job after the wedding, but it's been busy. Well, here it is folks... The Flower Wall!
And to be honest, I love it. The wall itself was gorgeous and we got some super fun photos out of the whole thing, but there were some lessons to be learned.

For those of you who've been following along, tutorials are here, here and here. I also added some really big accordion flowers (for lack of a better term) and I really think they added some necessary dimension. The biggest one is 18" in diameter.
But first things first. Thanks to this woman, my Grandma! She assembled way more of these flowers than any 82 year old should and I couldn't have done it without her. At least not if I hoped to keep my sanity.

Some of the guests got into it and we got some great photos, ranging from these cute bubble makers.
To myriad of inside jokes from my college friends. This joke does involve alcohol, but truthfully I wasn't that undignified.
This one doesn't involve college drinking antics. I simply had a dream that I was riding a peanut butter and jelly sandwich shaped like a donkey. What? Confused? Anyhoo, it was a thing for a while among us.

(Oh, lesson from this pic, put a mark where people should stand in front of your photobooth, we've got more than a few that are less than centered.)

And of course, who could forget the bridal party acting retarded.

Look at the intensity in those eyes!

And well wishes from the guests. This one advising chocolate will surely be taken to heart.

Closing thoughts:
  • Clear and simple signage. We had a little tiny sign that said to write on the board and use the remote to snap a picture. Eventually a bridesmaid stepped in and instructed people, but if I had to do it over again, there would have been pictorial instructions. I also might have added signs on the tables, so that people could figure out what's going on while doing other things.
  • Put down that center mark and get your camera framed well to the wall. We just had the flower board leaning against the wall and the camera on a tripod (that was guarded by dessert tables, so people wouldn't trip over it) opposite the wall, with a remote attached to the wall with string.
  • Make a couple of announcements, so people realize you'll be using this as your guestbook. If you'll notice most of the pictures I have are of young people, they're camera savvy and understood the concept. I don't have pictures of all of the grandparents and sadly I don't even have pictures of Momma MB and Mr. MB. I mean I have other pictures of them, but none in front of the flower wall.
I'll still be popping in here and there, but I'm waiting on those pro photos. I did get a promising preview though. Oh, and to those who tried to buy this wall from me after I was done with it, I'm sorry, I just couldn't get organized enough to get that together, but it was really fun to make and I'm sure there are a million background ideas out there.

1 comment:

  1. love this! your flower wall is amazing! and the photobooth looks like a success. what will you do with the wall now?

    ReplyDelete