Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Under the Harvest Moon: Rehearsal Dinner

So, it all happened on a crazy, stormy night in Texas, which left me slightly worried about our outdoor dance floor the next night.  But, the only real effect was that I switched my shoes for the night from heels to flats because of the mud (though, let's be honest, I totally would've wussed out on the heels anyway).

I don't seem to have any pictures of the actual rehearsal, but London 'maid did steal my camera for a sec to get these shots.

London 'maid (fresh from her long journey) and I

Mr. Moonbeam, seems like he was in a good mood

After we rehearsed we headed over to the party, graciously hosted by Mr. Moonbeam's parents at the Alsatian in the Hotel Alsace.  This was the hotel that many of our out-of-town guests stayed at, and where Mr. Moonbeam and I spent a couple of days after the wedding.  It was already booked (and admittedly a bit out of our price range) for the date of the wedding, but I would recommend this place for anybody hosting events in Castroville.  We chatted with the owner (very nice and professional), had many meals there (very good) and it's a great looking place (I'd call it contemporary Hill Country).


There were a few entrée options in the buffet, plenty of iced tea, and a beach themed cake and 'sandy' cupcakes for dessert (a nod to our beach wedding).

It was all very yummy.

I don't seem to have close-ups of the dessert, but they're in the back there next to our signature photo-mat.

Then it was time for Mr. Moonbeam to give a toast.  I think he really enjoyed clanging a knife on the glass.  I honestly don't remember much of what was said, but I'm sure it involved thanking our parents and families for being awesome.  


It also involved a shout out to his Mother.  Our rehearsal dinner fell on her birthday, and I think she was very touched that we took a moment to acknowledge it.


Then, it was time to hand out gifts to bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls, our ring bearer, readers, ushers and of course, our parents.

Our ring bearer looks excited.

Momma Moonbeam with her gift (the parents got picture books of our beach wedding)

And then MIL Moonbeam brought out the best surprise.  She printed out copies of Mr. Moonbeam's original email to his parents about the girl he met on his study abroad program in Italy.  He told them I was a tall, dark-haired girl that looked like Logan Tom (she had shorter hair back then and had recently been all over the Olympics).  It was just a few lines, but I don't think I had ever read it before.

It was the sweetest detail, and it got a few laughs.

Miss anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment